Audit/Outsourced Finance Associate Director
Working in a busy practice with currently 60 employees and looking to expand. The portfolio includes oversight and reviews of audits, accounts preparations, corporation tax, personal tax, VAT returns and management accounts, as well as any other work from time to time which may reasonably be considered part of the role.
- ACA qualified
- 10 years’ experience in practice
- RI status (or about to obtain)
- Self-motivated, reliable individual who is eager for career progression
- Supervisory experience with a positive attitude
- Strong professional communication skills both verbally and written
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Manage a portfolio of over 100 clients (including audits, accounts preparation, corporation tax, personal tax etc)
- Plan, manage and drive the success of multiple engagements
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients
- Ability to manage within budgets and time constraints while providing a high level of client satisfaction
- Work to expand client base and support business development activities, aiming to increase client portfolio year upon year.
- Address client concerns and queries
- Maintain positive and long term relationships with clients
- Provide support to staff to ensure timely completion of engagements
- Ability to identify services that will add value to portfolio of clients
- Set an example for the team as a natural leader
- Confident in reviewing processes and improving systems
- Regularly assisting colleagues within the wider firm with technical accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Participates in promotions and salary reviews.
- Strategic decisions on developing the firm, and individuals.
- Attend disciplinaries with HR when necessary.
- Recruitment – second stage interviews.
- You will be required to become familiar with the following during the course of your work: Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and CCH including Accounts Production and Audit Automation, and any similar software a client may use to maintain their accounting records.
- Liaise with team members using both Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Review the compliance of the business with all relevant internal requirements, industry regulations and government legislation.
- Ensure forms like AH KYC, ID and Risk assessment are filled in periodically.
- Although not engaged to identify potential instances of fraud, if you come across any information which appears to be an indication of fraudulent activity, to notify the firm’s MLRO.