We recognise that people are the key to our success and we are committed to recruiting, training and promoting the very best. We invite applicants to apply throughout the year and we are flexible around starting dates in order to secure the best candidates.
We are currently looking to recruit a graduate to join the audit department on a four year ACA training contract.
If you would like to apply for a training contract, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working tax assistant to work within our corporate tax team. This is a compliance-based role which would suit an individual who already has experience of working in a tax department of an accounting firm and would like to gain further experience in corporate tax. The ideal candidate would be ATT qualified or on track to complete the ATT.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to, and working closely with the tax managers and partners on various tax compliance and advisory matters
- Preparation of tax returns for companies, partnerships, non-resident landlords
- Liaising with the audit team to ensure that any tax sensitive issues arising in the accounts are correctly treated
- Submitting returns to HMRC in a timely manner and by the due date
- Advising clients on how to pay their tax liabilities, including any interest or penalties due and appealing against HMRC penalty notices where appropriate
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients to ensure compliance matters are dealt with effectively
- Liaising with clients, including attending client meetings
- Drafting bills for clients. Budget and WIP management
- Portfolio management, updating client workflows
- Assisting with ad hoc tax matters and complying with all departmental procedures to ensure the smooth running of the team and the department
- Using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and the CCH software suite